The Health Promotion Board (HPB) was established as a statutory board under the Ministry of Health, Singapore, in 2001 with the vision of building “A Nation of Healthy People”. HPB aims to empower Singaporeans to attain optimal health, increase the quality and years of healthy life and prevent illness, disability and premature death. As the key agency overseeing national health promotion and disease prevention programmes, HPB spearheads health education, promotion and prevention programmes as well as creates a health-supportive environment in Singapore. It develops and organises health promotion and disease prevention programmes, reaching out to the healthy, the at-risk and the unhealthy at all stages of life – children, youths, adults and older Singapore residents. Its health promotion initiatives cover nutrition, physical activity, mental well-being, health screening, tobacco control and communicable disease education.
Our vision and mission
At HPB, our vision is to see a nation of healthy people.
Our mission is to empower individuals to take ownership of their health. We achieve this through:
- Being a centre of excellence for health promotion, disease prevention and patient education
- Establishing, engaging and supporting local and international partnerships
- Being a people-centred organisation that inspires and enables our employees to realise their full potential
These are what we stand for at HPB:
- People-Centricity: Care for people; inspire healthy living
- Innovation: Dare to try; learn quickly
- Excellence: Do our best, keep getting better.
Board of Directors